Spacehive is all about transforming spaces and places!
A project on Spacehive must show how it could impact a space for the benefit of the community. This can be something that directly improves an area, such as painting a street mural or repurposing a disused building, something that can lead onto neighbourhood improvement, such as a feasibility study or planning consultation, or something temporary that brings people together such as organising a festival or event. The project can be either permanent or temporary, and funding can be sought for both revenue and capital costs. Please consider the following:
- Projects cannot be solely to fund courses, classes, or ongoing work.
- Projects cannot be solely for charitable fundraising.
- Projects must be in the UK.
- Projects can be led by any type of organisation or individual.
Still unsure if your idea is one for Spacehive?
If you can answer yes to these questions then your idea is probably eligible for Spacehive.
- Does my idea transform a shared, or publicly accessible space in the UK, either temporarily or permanently?
- Is my project something tangible; will backers be able to see what happens as a result of their backing? (e.g. a new play area for the park, as opposed to the salary of a park manager).
- Would my project benefit my local area and bring people together?
Not quite sure about your idea? Tell us about it via this short form. We’ll look over it and offer advice on how best to proceed.